Farm Safari and Wine Tour
For an intimate, personal, non-commercial experience, we take you away from the hustle and bustle of the city and take you to a private nature reserve where you will experience impeccable farm style hospitality, peaceful country atmosphere, delicious food and see and learn about the many different animals on the reserve.
You will enjoy a delicious farm fresh hot and cold brunch in a beautifully restored Victorian homestead. This will be followed by a wonderful game drive learning about and spotting the various antelope species such as Springbok, Cape Mountain Zebra, Wildebeest, the Quagga and Bontebok among others. You will also learn about the buffalo breeding programme as well as the Quagga breeding project.
One of the highlights of the game drive for me, is visiting the geometric tortoise nursery. The babies are so vulnerable that an army of ants could carry them away. Learn what the farm does to protect them.
After we enjoy our wonderful farm safari we head for the beautiful wine valley of Wellington and discover this beautiful hidden gem. You will enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting and a bite to eat if you are hungry. This tour will also be great as a family tour.
- We start with a delicious hot and cold brunch in a beautifully restored victorian homestead.
- After brunch you will be accompanied by a qualified guide in an open game viewing vehicle for a 2-hour game drive.
- We will look for antelope species and some which are unique to the Cape such as bontebok, springbok, Cape mountain zebra, quagga, eland and black wildebeest.
- We will also see plants and birds indigenous to the area. You will learn about the buffalo project as well as the quagga breeding program.
- You will visit the geometric tortoise nursery which is an experience in itself.
- You will also have a chance to look for porcupine quills.
- After our safari we head for Wellington to enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting.
- PLEASE NOTE: Their are no elephants, rhinos, leopards, hippo or giraffe on this tour.
R2450 per person
The price includes:
- A cold and hot brunch (plus tea/coffee and juice)
- Game drive
- Wine tasting
- Activity booklet
- Bottled water